Friday, April 29, 2011

Autism in Election 2011? Vote Liberal ... OR ... Vote NDP


On Monday Canadians will cast their votes in Election 2011.  IF autism is a major concern in your life or the life of a family member I ask you to consider voting for either the Liberal OR the NDP candidate in your riding.

I make this request because the Conservative Party has consistently opposed any substantive role for the federal government in addressing Canada's national autism crisis. Some Liberal and some NDP  party members have made statements in support of either official inclusion of autism in Medicare or programs and legislation aimed at working with the provinces to ensure that autistic Canadians participate fully in our health care system and receive treatment for autism regardless of where they live in Canada. Strong autism motions have been brought forth previously by Liberal MP Shawn Murphy and by NDP MP Glenn Thibeault. Both motions were supported by members of the Liberal and NDP but were defeated by the Conservative-Bloc Quebecois coalition.

If the Liberal candidate in your riding is the best bet  to defeat the Conservative candidate then please vote Liberal.  If the NDP candidate in your riding is the best bet then please vote NDP.  Vote autism on Monday, vote Liberal or NDP in your riding.

8 comments:

Claire said...

I told my eldest daughter, who is voting for the first time this year, that she is always welcome in our home...as long as she doesn't vote Conservative. ;)

farmwifetwo said...

Yes, vote for higher taxes. Vote for more government oversight. Vote for less jobs as they skip over the border. Vote for a government that will tell you that they know better than you do how to raise your child or what therapies you have to do... Choice... Sorry, they know best.... just ask McGuinty.

Not a chance. Hopefully, Ont remembers Bob Rae when they vote.

The longer I live rural, the longer I live outside of the cities that the NDP and Liberals cater too..... the farther right I go.

NP endorsed the Conservatives this morning. Since I'm working Monday (DRO), I've already voted. Wanna guess for who??????

AutisticWisdom said...

Yes, please Jack up my taxes while preventing me from writing off ABA therapy. Also, please do offer universal daycare so my neighbour can buy a new SUV and send his wife to work while I pay for it and my wife has to stay home to look after my daughter who has autism because the daycare can't meet her needs. But don't worry, we'll put autism in the Canada Health Act, and then look, nothing will change because it has no teeth and won't change waiting times. No thank you, I'm voting Conservative.

Unknown said...

AW thank you for your comments. The Conservatives did nothing, absolutely nothing to help autistic children and adults.

I vote for parties that pledge to help those with autism and their families. You are of course free to vote according to what is important to you.

Usethebrains Godgiveyou said...

Vote Liberal, yes!

I knew there was a reason I liked you...

Mommie that Gets It said...

I love Claire's comment! GREAT! :) Heather

Atlanta Roofing said...

Truthfully, I'd like to see the NDP get a crack as the official opposition. I'm curious to see how and where they would make concessions on their ideologies, as is necessary when applying ideals to practical situations. I'm not especially hopeful, but I am curious.

Anonymous said...

I'm from Ontario... I will never again vote Liberal after the damage they have done to the autism community here. And since my child has been labeled "too autistic" to receive reasonable services or education, I doubt I will ever vote NDP since I need every cent I have to home school.