Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Autism Speaks at Conor's House





Autism Speaks has done a terrific job in raising Autism Awareness and in emphasizing the need to take action to cure autism, to provide effective autism interventions and to raise funds for research into autism causes and cures.

At Conor's house we do not wring our hands and agonize over the right metaphors to use while talking about autism issues. Our priorities are found in improving Conor's ability to participate in and enjoy life to the fullest extentpossible. We find joy in Conor not in his autism and we seek not to "accept autism" but to provide Conor with evidence based treatment and education to overcome to the fullest extenet possible the deficits that autism brings. To date only ABA meets the evidence based standard but other evidence based interventions may emerge with research. And Autism Speaks is a driving force today in raising awareness and funds for that research.

At Conor's house Autism Speaks and we are listening.

2 comments:

kyouell said...

Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I came over to let you know that I replied to your comment, and to ask if you mind if I link to your blog directly?

Unknown said...

And thank you for dropping by and commenting kyouell. By all means I would be pleased if you linked to my site. I will also link to yours on this site.