Monday, February 11, 2008

Autism Trek Update

In Blizzards no match for man on 450K walk for autism the Ottawa Citizen interviews Stefan Marinoiu, updates his gutsy mid winter trek to Ottawa to plead with federal politicians for a national autism strategy and describes some of the dangers he is facing on his trek:

"The Ontario Provincial Police, who stopped him the first night for walking illegally on the highway, have kept an eye out for him, picking him up several times and driving him into the nearest community. "They told me I was gonna freeze to death," he said. "It has been so cold you feel like you are going to die the next second but I take the next step. I am walking for all the tens of thousands who are like my son. No matter what, I am going to accomplish this.""

No comments: