Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Proud Daddy to Conor with Autism


Different people have different opinions about Facebook. I like it.  It is great for advocacy, in my case autism advocacy, and for connecting with family and friends, including friends I haven't seen in years.  There is also the occasional pleasant surprise, something I just didn't anticipate.  I received one of these nice little surprises recently when I was tagged with the above picture "proud daddy to someone with autism"  by AutismCreations.

 I am very proud of my son Conor.  He struggles with the challenges of his Autistic Disorder but he is a joy to be with and he has been liked by other children and youth wherever he has been, in grade school, middle school and now in high school.

We are buddies forever and I am very proud of Conor.

3 comments:

Stranded said...

I really enjoy Conor's photos and hearing about him. He sounds a good natured and happy guy - like my son!

blogzilly said...

I like Facebook a lot. Keeps me in touch with family and friends, helps me stay connected. And I'm proud to not only count you as one of my Brethren on there but honored to be able to get a sneak peek into your life and see some of the snapshots of you and your family in a way that is...I dunno...more intimate than the blog setting.

I saw the Proud Daddy button by being your Friend on Facebook and viola...I went to the page and pressed 'Like'. And just like that, WORD SPREADS.

THAT...that is why I like Facebook so much. It really helps get people together from all walks of life. Heck, you are the one that exposed me to the Networked Blogs program there as well.

My GOD man...stop exposing yourself! ;)

Anonymous said...

I like facebook for the very same reasons!

Dawn