Friday, June 05, 2015

Autism, Seizures, Meltdown, Recovery:What a Difference a Day Makes

A day can make a big difference in my son's world of severe autism disorder, intellectual disability and epileptic seizures. Yesterday as I pulled up to his school to pick him up at the end of the day I could hear his voice inside the school and I knew things were not going well. He had been undergoing a very serious meltdown and I won't go into all the details. Today though, 24 hours later I pulled up to the same location and before I turned the corner I could see him at the basketball net. I stopped pulled my camera out and completed the turn. Conor was having fun outdoors, shooting the basketball and he was happy. And Dad is very happy as I type these words and post these pictures of my happy Conor.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The challenges never stop. It's good to see Conor is in a safe and understanding environment at his school.

Mommie that Gets It said...

It is great to see Conor happy and having fun! Wishing you all the best!