Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I Voted Yesterday for Adult Autism Residential Care and Treatment

Most votes in the New Brunswick provincial election will be cast on the official election date next Monday, September 27, 2010. I took advantage of the beautiful last day of summer weather and walked to the advance poll in my riding of Fredericton-Nashwaaksis.  In this election there are five parties seeking to form the next provincial government ... the Conservative, Liberal, Green and NDP parties and a new party the Peoples Alliance of NB.  

In New Brunswick we have endured for many years a youth and  adult autism residential care and treatment system consisting of psychiatric hospitals, general hospital wards, the grounds of a youth detention center, out of province and out of country facilities, inadequate group homes with poorly trained staffs and ... community inclusion cliches.  Yesterday I voted for ...... the candidate and party most likely to work for a decent youth and adult autism residential care and treatment system.

It was, as I said, a beautiful day yesterday in Fredericton-Nashwaaksis. Hopefully the voting on September 27 will result in a government that cares about autistic adults and works toward establishing decent adult autism residential care in New Brunswick. That would make for a very beautiful day.














3 comments:

Aasiyah said...

I hope the new government will help you guys create a suitable environment for autistic kids and adults. All of you in Canada are in my prayers. Keep us posted what is the outcome.

placementhotline said...

Finding this site made all the work I did to find it look like nothing. The reason being that this is such an informative post. I wanted to thank you for this special read of the subject. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I submitted your site to some of the biggest social networks so others can find your blog.
________________________
Residential Care Needs

mom said...

Very nice blog. I love your ideas - simple and back to basics . Great ideas