Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hakuna Matata! Conor Enjoys A Lion King 3D Adventure With Mom and Dad



Hakuna Matata! What a wonderful phrase

Hakuna Matata! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Hakuna Matata!

Severely affected by autistic disorder and profound developmental delays Conor faces many challenges with his autism every day of his life. I have chronicled them in the past and I will not detail them today, not today. Conor, Mom and Dad went to see the Lion King in 3D.  None of us had seen it in many years and it was a treat to see the movie as modified for 3D.  The biggest thrill for Mom and Dad though was seeing Conor totally absorbed in the movie, without flinching, without any noise, without any frustration for the better part of two hours.  In the past two years Conor has been to see many movies after several years where we could not take him to a movie. Today we had no worries during our afternoon at the movies.  It was a problem free, autism free, afternoon. 

Hakuna Matata!

5 comments:

Claire said...

I am really happy for you all...especially for Conor. So good that he can enjoy something fun like going to a movie. I have to say that I'm impressed because, to be perfectly honest, I can hardly stand theaters anymore...too loud...and 3D makes me nauseous!

Jenna said...

My sons has seen the previews for the movie and he wants to see it so bad. He doesn't realize the 3D part he just wants it on TV but I want to go see it so bad with him. His sensory issues are so bad though and he is terrified of theaters. Today we were able to get him to sit in theater seats but it took 20 minutes of mommy and daddy working really hard. I am so amazed how many families of autistic children can go to the movies, I miss movies so much.

Jenna said...

My sons has seen the previews for the movie and he wants to see it so bad. He doesn't realize the 3D part he just wants it on TV but I want to go see it so bad with him. His sensory issues are so bad though and he is terrified of theaters. Today we were able to get him to sit in theater seats but it took 20 minutes of mommy and daddy working really hard. I am so amazed how many families of autistic children can go to the movies, I miss movies so much.

Jean Nicol said...

What a wonderful experience it must have been for all of you!

Bullet said...

Very glad you all had a good time. And it's encouraging to see how well Connor managed in the cinema. Thomas can cope in the cinema if prepared well and preferably with some form of light and Jacob cannot cope at all yet, but he is only six.