Friday, May 11, 2007

Swift action needed for autism strategy


Swift action needed for autism strategy

The following is a letter to Andy Scott, MP for Fredericton.

If at all possible, could you at some point address the House with the following:

As a member of the Canadian Forces, I have served to honour the ideals and freedoms that we all enjoy as Canadians. As a father of an autistic child, I relate to the struggles of families across Canada who are touched by autism. I respectfully ask that the government respond to the Senate recommendations regarding the autism crisis in Canada with swift action towards the implementation of a national autism strategy.

There is much to be done to address the immediate needs of autistic individuals of all ages. This is the great passion that I have to serve my provincial autism society at the federal level.

BRIAN RIMPILAINEN

Fredericton

http://www.canadaeast.com/ce2/docroot/article.php?articleID=141025

No comments: